Monday 27 January 2014

The Happiness Diaries- Day 9


Hey everyone!
My post today is going back to music because for me, music makes me feel 100% better when i'm feeling low or just icky. Also recently I rediscovered bands, songs and albums I used to listen to all the time or listen to them when I was younger and it has made me so happy and reminiscent of old memories so I decided to do a playlist of music that makes me happy.


  • 42 Song Pop Punk Mashup- So I heard this on tumblr a week or so ago and I can't stop listening to it, it reminds me of putting on a stupid amount of Kohl eyeliner, when my parents stopped calling me Grace and started calling me Alice Cooper (If you don't know who he is, shame. Shame on you.) This track just reminded me of my HUGE fail of an attempt of being emo because for god sake, I have blonde curly hair and my room is pink, Winnie the Pooh is more emo than me, but the memories this brought up were great.
    ALIEN-DUDE:
NEED TWO
TICKETS TO
WHITE LIES
  • White Lies- Strangers- This whole album is amazing. Pure and simple. White Lies have always been one of my favourite bands, they are so underrated and original. The memories that come up when I listen to them is being very drunk at Reading 2013 seeing them with my other very drunk friends singing and dancing my face off, they are a great live band and their songs are all great. Go listen to the whole album Ritual.

  • Hellogoodbye- Here In Your Arms- This song is the first single I bought with my own money at Woolworths (oh god Woolworths, the best place in the entire world, the place you could get everything you ever needed... and it's been 7 years since there was a Woolworth shop, bet you feel old now.) The moment I saw and heard this song on the TV I feel in love and run to buy it, it reminds me of playing it on repeat for about 5 months.
  • Gwen Stefani- Love Angel Music Baby- This album is my childhood summed up. Gwen Stefani was my idol and still kinda is, every song on this album is a hit and when I got this album for Christmas, I was the happiest 10 year old and tried to convince my mum to let me cut my hair and dye it blonde so I could be her. Safe to say, mumma Harris was having none of it but I had my album so life wasn't so bad.

  • Alice Cooper- School's out- Now I've mentioned this man already in the post so if you didn't know who he was then, you know now. I've been listening to this song due to the fact i'm feeling nostalgic for my high school days (It was a brief moment of lack of judgement, but i'm unemployed having a mid life crisis, when you're at school you don't have that!) This song is just perfect and reminds everyone of summer and for some reason it reminds me of Grease but that's probably just me and my twisted mind set.
  • Stevie Nicks- Edge Of Seventeen- I blame my dad for this, a few nights ago after coming home from a work prize giving and a lot of free drinks, he came in singing this amazing song (and using the bread bin as a drum so he could drum very loudly the tune... at half 1 in the morning.) This song just reminds me of my music transformation after watching School Of Rock, I used to listen to the top 40 chart and had basically every 'Now This Is What I Call Music whatever number' albums which are still good no matter what anyone says, but after watching this film I was brought into the world of rock and roll and with the help of my dad, a secret lover of all that is rock, he introduced me to such bands as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, Deep Purple, The Doors and this amazing woman Stevie Nicks. From then on my music taste has become the one thing I've prided myself on.

  • Mumford and Sons (And Friends)- The Chain (Cover)- This reminds me of summer and how amazing live music is in the heat and how much I love festivals. Fleetwood Mac are an amazing band and I feel this cover really respects them and this song has it's own twist without ruining it. I can't really articulate my feelings on this because it would be something like... afholgbwgfwehibjkaasjkajkafjjavjajagbnk. 

That's it! The memories playlist of songs that make me very happy. Hope you liked it and I'll be doing another post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment