Friday 4 October 2013

Miley hits back at Sinead

Miley Cyrus has responded to Sinead O' Connor's open letter with a few comeback tweets.

Cyrus responded to the open letter a picture with the caption 'Before Amanda Bynes.... There was...'



She also tweeted 'Sinead. I don't have time to write you an open letter cause Im hosting & performing on SNL this week...So if youd like to meet up and talk lemme know in your next letter. :)'

It looks pretty clear that her cameo on SNL will involve Sinead O' Connor and taking the mick completely.

Embedded image permalink Miley also tweeted that photo which appears to be a mock of the event when O'Connor tore up a picture of the pope.

Clearly, Miley is pissed off at the things the Irish singer wrote in her letter, which is fair enough, there is always two sides to every story and someone's feelings will always get hurt but in my opinion, Miley's attack was incredibly ignorant, rude and just continues the stereotypes of mental illness. I think it's unfair to attack someone with mental illness, would Miley have done the same if Sinead had a broken leg?
Personally, I think Sinead didn't write this letter to be intentionally horrible but the media has made it out to be something it's not.
But after these tweets were sent, Sinead wrote another open letter. 
"You have posted today tweets of mine which are two years old, which were posted by me when I was unwell and seeking help so as to make them look like they are recent" she wrote. "In doing so you mock myself and Amanda Bynes for having suffered with mental health issues and for having sought help".
Continuing, the Irish artist added: "It is most unbecoming of you to respond in such a fashion to someone who expressed care for you".
It's also pretty clear that Miley won't say sorry for her tweets as quoted in her documentary which aired last night; "I love that you never apologized for who you were. It's something I had to learn. ... I'm sick of feeling as if I owe someone an apology for being who I am."


No comments:

Post a Comment